Booth's visit to the Surratt Boarding House after the assassination
10-23-2012, 07:14 PM (This post was last modified: 10-23-2012 07:45 PM by L Verge.)
RE: Booth's visit to the Surratt Boarding House after the assassination
Bill has good theories and a wonderful knowledge of the assassination (along with everything else in American and world history!). However, he tells people up front that he writes historical novels and therefore can add, subtract, and speculate as much as he wants.

This is exactly what he has done here -- and in the process, he has gotten our thought processes, imaginations, and research juices flowing. Again, the old school teacher in me is thrilled to see this give-and-take! And, I bet Bill is enjoying it too. Remember that he was a college professor in years gone by, and this is just the sort of exercise that good professors challenge their classes with.

Let's not get hot under the collar about this. Let's continue to theorize and defend our beliefs. Who knows, there might be an answer out there with documentation behind it.

My sales and catering staff at Colony South Hotel is going to be delighted with all the alcoholic beverages that are going to be consumed at the conference this year! Bill owes Jerry unknown quantities of beer; I owe Joe Beckert unknown quantities of Yuengling; He owes me "a few" Jack & Gingers; by the time the Saturday night banquet comes, my staff is ready to drink anything with a kick!

Last March, my 11-year-old grandson joined us for the Saturday banquet. We sat at the staff table - the rowdiest one in the banquet hall. As we were going home, I asked him if he had a good time. He responded, "Yeah, it was fun watching _______ get drunk! Actually, _____ was just tired and a little tipsy. (No, _____was not me!)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Booth's visit to the Surratt Boarding House after the assassination - L Verge - 10-23-2012 07:14 PM