Booth's visit to the Surratt Boarding House after the assassination
10-22-2012, 01:05 PM
RE: Booth's visit to the Surratt Boarding House after the assassination
Hi everyone: Barry Cauchon here. Wow. Fantastic conversation. One of my favorite words to use in my research is the word 'PLAUSIBLE'. In the absence of truth, a plausible theory can help us all to look in new and potentially, never before considered directions. There have been some very plausible possibilities put forth in this string and, being that I am not an expert on this particular subject, I am soaking them in for my own personal consideration. But I too am a believer in what John Fazio stated about having to be careful when mixing fact with plausible theories. As researchers, more damage can be done to the 'uninformed public perception' if our theories are presented accidently or otherwise as fact. John, I'm glad you mentioned this.
But I believe as long as the research community and serious students of the Lincoln assassination present plausible theories and opinions in the absence of hard truth, we stand a much greater chance of actually finding that truth. No plausible theory is too strange or wild if it stands up to the factual record. If it can cause someone to consider the problem in a unique or different way, then this is a great thing. Discoveries are made that way.
So here is to the power of the plausible theory. May these continue to be brought forth for all to debate and breathe fresh life into.
Have a wonderful day.
Best
Barry
Shy
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Booth's visit to the Surratt Boarding House after the assassination - barryssentials - 10-22-2012 01:05 PM