Booth's visit to the Surratt Boarding House after the assassination
10-21-2012, 06:03 PM
RE: Booth's visit to the Surratt Boarding House after the assassination
There seems to be a "need" to believe that Booth picked up the Hat and the pistols all at the same place. Why? (no ans. needed).I can accept that he picked up the Pistols according to a plan. (Maybe?) But he didn't plan to loose his hat. He may have snatched a hat somewhere backstage, as he ran. As for the pistols --- Were they on one belt? The pistols were different caliburs, so, two belts. If on two belts then they were both "right-handed", Or left-handed. If he had the two pistol near-by, then he would not have gone to the theater with that unreliable, single shot, popgun. So, IMO the pistol were Down-line, somewhere. This whole scenerio leads me to believe that the Hat and each pistol came from different sources, AS or AFTER he left the theater. His departure from Ford's and his arrival at the bridge took the normal amout of time, without galloping the whole way. So, somewhere between the bridge and Mudd's, including the tavern, he could have had a "stash". I haven't researced any of this, so I'm attempting Logic. The Hat - who cares? but the pistols could have come from the Tavern. Nobody there was ready to admit to it. It could have been that Ole'geezer that lived at T.B., who armed and hatted him.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Booth's visit to the Surratt Boarding House after the assassination - John Stanton - 10-21-2012 06:03 PM