An "out-of-character" moment for Lincoln?
05-12-2014, 06:24 PM (This post was last modified: 05-12-2014 06:36 PM by LincolnToddFan.)
RE: An "out-of-character" moment for Lincoln?
(05-12-2014 05:14 PM)L Verge Wrote:  My father spent nearly thirty years in the military and was a great judge of character. One of his criteria was based on how a person treated an animal, and he was very rarely wrong. He could make friends with almost any four-footed creature - maybe from being raised on a farm. He was so good at forming those friendships that, while serving in Korea, he was asked to stay away from the compound that held the military K-9s because they loved him. I suspect that Mr. Lincoln had the same trait.

Your father sounds like a guy I would have liked to have known. I am the same way.

I very much would like to volunteer at a shelter, but emotionally I would be a basket case. I would want to save each and every homeless critter.Sad

There are a couple of criteria I use to select friends, and one of them is their attitude toward animals. I can't bring myself to be friends with or even like or trust people that aren't animal friendly

As for AL and the Civil War, for all his warmth and empathy there had to be some steel deep inside. He was a politician and a successful corporate lawyer after all.But I do believe that by the end of the war the toll on him physically, spiritually and psychologically was profound. I sincerely do not believe he would have survived a full 2nd term in office, he was depleted.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: An "out-of-character" moment for Lincoln? - LincolnToddFan - 05-12-2014 06:24 PM