Thread Closed 
What makes a great politician?
01-14-2018, 10:02 AM
RE: What makes a great politician?
(01-14-2018 03:03 AM)My Name Is Kate Wrote:  I had hoped for a better response than that from you. I was hoping to have a rational discussion so I can try to understand what all the liberal blind, irrational hatred is about in this country. But apparently all liberals can do is lump anyone who disagrees with them, into "repugnant classes of people", then act outraged when they get a reaction to that, because they were careful to avoid actually using the disagreeing person's name in their attacks. You have not answered a single one of my questions, or responded to any points I made. If you are typical of most liberals, then trying to reason with a liberal is hopeless.

I disagree entirely with your statement that "[I] have not answered a single one of [your] questions, or responded to any points [you] made." I will let the other participants in the Lincoln Discussion Symposium decide for themselves who has made the more accurate statement in this regard.

However, I shall permit a Republican U.S. Senator from the South to also respond to some of the points that you made. The name of the of the U.S. Senator from South Carolina is Lindsey Graham.

Headline: A Senior Republican Senator Admonishes Trump: ‘America Is an Idea, Not a Race’
New York Times By JULIE HIRSCHFELD DAVIS JAN. 12, 2018

WASHINGTON — It was just after President Trump had finished railing in the Oval Office against African immigrants he said came from “******** countries” when a senior Republican senator, Lindsey Graham of South Carolina, who was there to negotiate a deal on immigration, spoke up.

“America is an idea, not a race,” Mr. Graham said, according to three people familiar with the exchange on Thursday. Diversity was a strength, he said, not a weakness. And by the way, the senator added, he himself was a descendant of immigrants who came to the United States from “******** countries with no skills.”

Note: Out of respect for the regular readers of the Lincoln Discussion Symposium and any school children who might read this post, I have changed the repeated actual word used in this publication of the New York Times that goes out to millions of readers, including school children, to "********".

"So very difficult a matter is it to trace and find out the truth of anything by history." -- Plutarch
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
RE: What makes a great politician? - David Lockmiller - 01-14-2018 10:02 AM