Lincoln Way in San Francisco
12-19-2017, 12:29 PM (This post was last modified: 12-19-2017 12:34 PM by David Lockmiller.)
RE: Lincoln Way in San Francisco
(12-19-2017 05:05 AM)LincolnMan Wrote:  I wish I had known about this when I was there last month. Thanks again David for the info.

You are quite welcome.

The next time that you are in San Francisco, you must visit the California Palace of the Legion of Honor Museum. It has a wonderful collection of art work including an excellent Rembrandt, Degas (Impresario), Monet (water lilies), Renoir, Van Gogh, and even an inspirational sculpture by Picasso (the Orator). The Museum has a very large collection of Rodin sculptures, including Victor Hugo whose head appears to be emerging from a block of white marble.

I am still looking for the photograph of the Lincoln Highway terminus post with Lincoln's image. I forgot to mention that there is a nearby second Lincoln Highway marker located at the corner of California Street and Park Presidio. In 1919, California Street may have been the principal (or only) roadway going out to the desolate Lands End terminus of the Lincoln Highway. [Now, it's difficult to find parking at any time in the Richmond district of San Francisco.]

"So very difficult a matter is it to trace and find out the truth of anything by history." -- Plutarch
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Lincoln Way in San Francisco - LincolnMan - 12-16-2017, 09:12 PM
RE: Lincoln Way in San Francisco - David Lockmiller - 12-19-2017 12:29 PM