Izola Martha Mills marriage certificate/note to Mr. Hall
04-17-2021, 03:12 AM
RE: Izola Martha Mills marriage certificate/note to Mr. Hall
(04-17-2021 03:00 AM)Steve Wrote:  I think the Ogarita descendants' non-match to the DNA results of the Booth family is significant. Hopefully, it (along with all the documentation placing John Wilkes Booth far away in Richmond VA during Ogarita's conception window) definitively puts this canard of Booth's children with Martha to rest. Also all the Ray Neff forgeries - ie the "Potter papers", the fake romance with Kate Scott, etc. - all revolve around that forged Booth will which also names Ogarita as Booth's daughter. Though the people that would gladly accept the Neff story and obviously forged documents may be impervious to DNA evidence.

Lisa Booth was one of the people who wanted to exhume the Booth graves in the 90's? I'm glad her family was able to get DNA results without the exhumation.

It's too bad Laura Ida Booth didn't have any descendants to test. Her line's results would've been the only one which were not predictable with reasonable certainty before the tests were even conducted. Laura really was the daughter of a John Wilkes Booth, just a different John Wilkes Booth who claimed he was born in 1848 in Massachussetts and was the (presumably illegitmate) son of Junius Brutus Booth Jr. Since this John Wilkes Booth abandoned Laura's family when she was really young, it's understandable why she thought he may have been the namesake assassin. It figures that the results I would like to see most are the ones that can't be provided!

Steve,

While I agree with everything you are saying there is still a gotcha, as I told you in an email. The Booth dna base is supported by Joanne Hulme; however, since nobody matched her, it is necessary to have a match for Joanne to either Lois Trebisacci or/and Anthony Barton "Tony" Booth. That would provide strength and support for the dna results. Joanne has a good paper trail, but sometimes there are unknown events to affect paper trails, as in my own dna. Dna doesn't lie, but sometimes results are not what we expect.

Steve Whitlock
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Izola Martha Mills marriage certificate/note to Mr. Hall - Steve Whitlock - 04-17-2021 03:12 AM