Tradition Sarah & Abraham
10-05-2017, 03:50 PM
RE: Tradition Sarah & Abraham
Steve thank you for your reply I suppose it is typical Dutch.
I mentioned this as John Wilkes Booth's father was married before with a woman from Brussels at the time of the Battle of Waterloo, then the southern part of the Netherlands. The Abraham and Sarah tradition is very old and although it may look insignificant, there is a matter of a pattern that is visual if you place the details of the Booth family next to it.

For instance;

Junius Brutus Booth married Mary Ann Holmes on the 10th of May 1851. The ex-wife of Junius Brutus, Marie Adelaide Delannoy, was also living at the time of Junius Brutus Booth's marriage in Baltimore Maryland and the wedding-day of her ex can be taken as an insult to her and her son Richard Junius Booth.
Adelaide had lost her first child their daughter, Amelia Portia Adelaide Booth.

According to professor Archer in, 'Junius Brutus Booth Theatrical Prometheus, page 23, their first child Amelia Portia Adelaide Booth was born on ' 5 October 1815'.

Going further;

European date of 5 October 1818 (05-10-1815) will be noted as, '10-05-1815'.
Adelaide and Richard were Europeans and Junius Brutus Booth's second wedding day in America '05-10-1851' would have been read by them as; 5 October 1851 which was also the 36th anniversary of the birth of Amelia Portia Adelaide Booth who died in infancy (date unknown).

I wonder was Junius Brutus Booth so insensitive to ignore the feelings of his first born son and ex-wife, or was he so Americanised that he had forgotten the European ways?
Or did he provoked them by his second marriage on John Wilkes Booth 13th birthday like a message to them that this unlucky number was actually the beginning of his luck? With this action, if it was as such, the ball was thrown back into his face.

I have here a picture from the Illustrated London News.
It is the winning cup given to John Wilkes the namesake of John Wilkes Booth. The cup has an illustration of the assassination of Julius Ceasar.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Tradition Sarah & Abraham - Veronica - 10-05-2017, 12:27 PM
RE: Tradition Sarah & Abraham - Steve - 10-05-2017, 01:46 PM
RE: Tradition Sarah & Abraham - Veronica - 10-05-2017 03:50 PM
RE: Tradition Sarah & Abraham - L Verge - 10-05-2017, 04:11 PM
RE: Tradition Sarah & Abraham - Veronica - 10-06-2017, 11:23 AM
RE: Tradition Sarah & Abraham - L Verge - 10-06-2017, 07:04 PM
RE: Tradition Sarah & Abraham - Veronica - 10-06-2017, 02:23 AM