Where was John Surratt on April 14, 1865 ?
03-18-2017, 05:49 PM
RE: Where was John Surratt on April 14, 1865 ?
(03-18-2017 02:54 PM)loetar44 Wrote:  
(03-18-2017 12:48 PM)L Verge Wrote:  So you choose to ignore Elmira witnesses who really don't have a dog in the race (i.e. not vying for reward money)?

I’m not ignoring the Elmira witnesses and I’m not questioning that Surratt was wearing that Garibaldi-jacket in Elmira. What I do question is that Surratt was in Elmira on April 14, 1865. And I wonder, if he was in Washington city on that date, why would he wear the Garibaldi-jacket? This garment was too showy. And what to think about railroad timetables showing John could have traveled from Elmira to Washington to join the plot, then fled to Canada.

No one said that Surratt was wearing the "Canadian" coat in D.C. -- only two witnesses in Elmira.

I know how much effort Mr. Hall (he spent about sixty years investigating all elements of the case after being assigned it during World War II) and others put into researching rail routes, times, etc. I don't have Michael Schein's book in front of me, but I need to review his research on that topic. How detailed is it? Has anyone else concentrated on that subject and can prove that all lines, times, etc. line up?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Where was John Surratt on April 14, 1865 ? - L Verge - 03-18-2017 05:49 PM