Robert Todd Lincoln --The vitals
01-21-2018, 07:07 PM (This post was last modified: 01-21-2018 07:15 PM by kerry.)
RE: Robert Todd Lincoln --The vitals
(01-21-2018 05:55 PM)Rob Wick Wrote:  As to who else she spoke with or corresponded with, we will never know given that a great deal of McClure's Magazine documents were tossed into the trash in 1917 when the magazine moved locations.

That's frustrating! I wonder what publications have not thrown out their archives - there must be so much sitting undiscovered somewhere.

Quote:It seems to me the evidence is clear that Tarbell declined to write much on Mary because of her concerns over Robert's reaction and her own dislike for Mary.

Best
Rob

It's interesting how many people don't get written about because they were disliked. It doesn't make them less of a part of history, and humans love to critique, so you'd think critical biography would be more of a thing. The recent rather negative biography on Stanton is an interesting example. And the recent books on Sickles and Don Cameron have shone some light on previously avoided topics.

What did Diller say? I'm not sure if I've ever read the article in question.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Robert Todd Lincoln --The vitals - kerry - 01-21-2018 07:07 PM