Robert Todd Lincoln --The vitals
01-11-2018, 09:25 PM
RE: Robert Todd Lincoln --The vitals
(01-10-2018 11:02 PM)L Verge Wrote:  Well, one thing this thread has proven is that Robert Lincoln will remain a controversial character in history!

Scholar - you will be hard pressed to find someone as well-read on the Lincolns as Eva, and she consistently cites her sources in a wide variety of fields (not just Robert). I'm a used history teacher and now a museum director, and I have already noted that you have done a good deal of reading and learning about the Lincolns. All Eva is asking is that you provide definite sources; I don't feel that outright sarcasm was intended.

Are you aware that she is also a native of Germany, who has left the teaching field and enrolled in veterinary medicine studies in Vienna, Austria? It is amazing to me (knowing what she is going through in her studies) that she has any time to share her knowledge of history with us. Please continue your training in history and please continue to post your thoughts on this forum. I have learned so much from the postings here over the past five years.

We all get frustrated sometimes when we get feedback we don't want to hear, but that's very natural when dealing with the study of history -- too many opinions on one subject can cause historic headaches. Bear with us.
(*Sigh*) Thanks. And I agree with what you said. I just don't like to see opinion so get in the way of factual discussion that an educatory environment becomes hostile. I've seen it happen to myself (and others!) in Internet boards all the time; I cannot accept that with forbearance.

But that's neither here nor there. As of this moment, I'll gladly "cite my sources" for anyone who asks! Smile

But reasonably. Heart
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Robert Todd Lincoln --The vitals - ScholarInTraining - 01-11-2018 09:25 PM