Robert Todd Lincoln --The vitals
01-06-2018, 01:11 PM (This post was last modified: 01-06-2018 01:48 PM by L Verge.)
RE: Robert Todd Lincoln --The vitals
Do you think that Robert was just better at controlling the press? Or, perhaps the press (and the public) was more respectful to him after all that he had been through? There's just something in his countenance in even the earliest photos that seems angry. I also read many years ago something about him being a Todd and the other boys were Lincolns - referring to temperaments.

I'm sure that many of you have visited the Lincoln-related photos on Pinterest. I went there trying to share photos of Robert Lincoln's two daughters who were evidently not allowed to attend their father's final interment. As usual, my cut and paste skills didn't work.

However, in the process, I also found a photo of a drawing supposedly done of President Lincoln as he lay in state in New York - not the Rietveld photo, but a drawing by someone named Morand, who was allowed in at night. The caption says that this is owned by the Abraham Lincoln Book Shop. I don't ever remember seeing or reading of such a sketch. Hopefully, you'll find it here - along with photos of Lincoln descendants: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/29766047507388855/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Robert Todd Lincoln --The vitals - L Verge - 01-06-2018 01:11 PM