Did William Coggeshall Save Lincoln's Life?
09-20-2016, 10:05 AM
RE: Did William Coggeshall Save Lincoln's Life?
As time permits, I am going to try to research hand grenades that might have been used prior to the Ketchum one that I referred people to weeks ago when this subject came up. Just because the patent was applied after the February "supposed" event does not mean that the Ketchum was not used previous to that.

If it was a device even similar to the Ketchum, please note the phrase about the explosive needing to be thrown in an arc. That might prove a little difficult, aiming through a square, open train window (even harder, the closer the culprit got to the train).

I am also confused as to why there was no flurry of activity - even on Coggeshall's part. Since the rumors were rampant and surveillance reports were confirming that a plot was suspected along the route, why wouldn't there be definite action taken to at least report the incident? It wasn't like someone had dropped a handkerchief - it was definitely an attack with a weapon. At that point, wouldn't a proper bodyguard or anyone have reacted (even if it had been a brick or stone that was heaved in the window)?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Did William Coggeshall Save Lincoln's Life? - L Verge - 09-20-2016 10:05 AM