Did William Coggeshall Save Lincoln's Life?
09-20-2016, 06:25 AM
RE: Did William Coggeshall Save Lincoln's Life?
(09-20-2016 03:50 AM)Eva Elisabeth Wrote:  Mr. Fazio - so the essence of this is it somehow mysteriously happened? If it did happen there should at least one possibility of the how be possible to ("re") construct. How could you approach the windo of a moving train and throw a ready-to-go grenade through it?

Please notice that as I said earlier, if Coggeshall embellished and the descendants, who could just rely on his words, believed him, they would not be liears even if telling a tale (they believed in to be true). The source still remains one single person.

Obviously this was the most advanced grenade of those days:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ketchum_Grenade

Eva:

1. I do not understand your second sentence. Could you please re-write it.
2. The train was not moving. It could not very well be moving if people were exiting from it.
3. We really do not know who or what the original source is. We suppose it is Coggeshall, because Mary said so. But Mary may be lying. It is also possible that the letter from Mary is a fabrication and that Busbey and/or Koch are lying. We do not know who the liar or liars are, if any of them. If Coggeshall really is the original source, then your statement about his descendants is true, but we do not know with certainty that he is; we only have Mary's word for it, and possibly not even that.
4. The explosive device was deposited into the car in February, 1861. The device you referred us to was patented in August, 1861. Obviously, they are not the same device. "Grenade" was probably a word loosely and inaccurately used to describe a bomb of some kind.
5. I have learned that Freda Postle Koch died in 1993. Busbey is also deceased. I do not know who has custody of the Coggeshall papers, but they would be worth reading if one wanted to pursue this. I haven't the time.

John
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Did William Coggeshall Save Lincoln's Life? - John Fazio - 09-20-2016 06:25 AM