Did William Coggeshall Save Lincoln's Life?
09-16-2016, 05:00 PM (This post was last modified: 09-17-2016 07:51 AM by Gene C.)
RE: Did William Coggeshall Save Lincoln's Life?
(09-16-2016 10:48 AM)John Fazio Wrote:  If we accept Mary's account re the secrecy asked for by Coggeshall, there is no reason to suppose the incident would have been mentioned in Lamon's or Judd's writings, nor in Hay's or Nicolay's either, for that matter, nor in any of the other works you mention. Mary's account gains plausibility from the fact that nothing was said about the incident for 47 years.
John
[/i]

That's an awfully big "if" for me. And why would anyone comment on the incident and Mary's account of events if they never happened?
We are talking about the secret train ride for Lincoln to avoid potential assassins in Baltimore, aren't we?i
As for the hissing hand grenade. The last time I was on a train, the train made to much noise to hear anything hissing.
Plus, someone's got to be closely following Lincoln and carrying the grenade around with them waiting for just the right opportunity to strike when the whole train thing was very secretive. Surely others were close enough to Lincoln to have seen a hand grenade come flying through an open window of a slow moving train. This just stretches the plausibility of the whole scenario a bit too much for me.

That's OK, 'cause you probably don't agree with me all the time.

So when is this "Old Enough To Know Better" supposed to kick in?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Did William Coggeshall Save Lincoln's Life? - Gene C - 09-16-2016 05:00 PM