Did William Coggeshall Save Lincoln's Life?
09-09-2016, 12:35 PM (This post was last modified: 09-09-2016 12:35 PM by Gene C.)
RE: Did William Coggeshall Save Lincoln's Life?
John - "Most if not all the food sent to him in Springfield was found to be poisoned" ????

I don't recall reading that. What is the source for that, (as well as the bomb in the carpet bag near Cincinnati) or where can I read more?

As far as the Coggeshall story, I still have my doubts, since the story is from someone not there at the time, can not be corroborated, and is mentioned 40+ years after the fact. It's just as likely or very possible Mrs Coggeshall got her facts mixed up about the event. It would be interesting to read the letter she wrote about it.

The book you mentioned has made me curious. It doesn't seem to be a well known book, with only one review on Amazon. It doesn't help me that the one reviewer says "An enjoyable read & good introduction to history for for pre-teen readers
https://www.amazon.com/dp/0961692901/ref...g=UTF8&me=

Have you read this book, if so would you recommend it, and any idea how much of the book is about the attempt on Lincoln's life?

Thanks

So when is this "Old Enough To Know Better" supposed to kick in?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Did William Coggeshall Save Lincoln's Life? - Gene C - 09-09-2016 12:35 PM