Edward Curtis letter re: autopsy
01-05-2023, 09:48 AM
RE: Edward Curtis letter autopsy
(01-04-2023 06:05 PM)Linda Anderson Wrote:  
(01-04-2023 05:31 PM)RJNorton Wrote:  Thank you, Linda. Scott, I looked back at the file attachment in Steve's email, and his source was the same newspaper/date as Linda cited.

You're welcome, Roger. It's a great article. Of interest to me is that Curtis actually saw Powell escaping followed by "a runner afoot [who] followed at a short distance behind, but soon stopped, turned and disappeared whence he came" who had to be Seward's servant, William H. Bell.

Thanks so much to you both! Linda, I thought the same thing about that part about someone following Powell on foot. That was something I did not expect to find in this article.

I am trying to re-read all of the Lincoln autopsy related threads. Through the grapevine, I had someone ask me what happened to Lincoln's brain after the autopsy. Was it replaced in his skull? Was it placed in his thoracic cavity with other organs? Was the brain along with other organs discarded? I feel like we once discussed that here so I am searching for it. I feel sad that our friend Blaine Houmes is no longer with us as I feel he would have been almost sure to have known the answer to those questions.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Edward Curtis letter autopsy - STS Lincolnite - 01-05-2023 09:48 AM