No need to question this Lincoln conspirator’s guilt
05-25-2016, 08:06 PM
RE: No need to question this Lincoln conspirator’s guilt
"...please ignore my posts if they bother you."

Pamela, your posts happen to bother me because you are speculating your way through the whole thing. I don't want new researchers and young students to be tricked into thinking that your way is the only way to analyze this particular piece of history.

I am not anti-Weichmann. Like Susan and others, I believe he was trapped between a rock and a hard place; and I certainly would not have wanted to be in his shoes or on the witness stand. If he resorted to "enhancing" certain situations, I can understand that. I just don't want future generations to believe things of him that can't be proven by you or me since the hard evidence is just not there one way or the other.

As for Mr. Scott, go find out who he was. When his name first came up at John's trial in 1867, neither the prosecution nor the defense seemed to care to find out. My personal opinion is that it was someone that Olivia or her father knew who happened to get one line in history after the fact because he did a favor for the family at a "delicate" time.

Since the Surratt conference in 2017 falls on the April Fools weekend, its theme will be Lincoln Assassination Studies: No Foolin' - Just the Facts. That's what I would like emerging historians to learn on any topic they choose. Go where the facts lead you.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: No need to question this Lincoln conspirator’s guilt - L Verge - 05-25-2016 08:06 PM