No need to question this Lincoln conspirator’s guilt
05-25-2016, 06:08 PM (This post was last modified: 05-25-2016 06:20 PM by Pamela.)
RE: No need to question this Lincoln conspirator’s guilt
So who was Mr Scott? Why would anyone bring Olivia newspapers ever, let alone at 9:00 at night precisely when Booth was due to confirm that Mary had done her job for him? If Mary was anxious to make sure that the guns and whiskey were good to go one can imagine how anxious Booth was. The boarding house was only a hop skip and a jump from Ford's so it's hard to imagine that Booth wouldn't have checked back. After all, what if the guns were gone, sold or disposed of in some fashion? Lloyd didn't like having them there. Booth would have to have a back up plan because he needed to be armed while on the run. What if he needed to blow the head off of a pesky Union solder or to pistol whip a former slave who hesitated in doing his bidding? He was gun-less when he raced toward the Potomac until he got a carbine at the tavern. That must have been unnerving for him. An insecure Assassin! Oh yes, he would have needed to know the guns were ready for him. He would have checked in with Mary.
Were the defense lawyers legally prevented from asking who came to the house at 9:00 from one of their witnesses?

"I desire to thank you, sir, for your testimony on behalf of my murdered father." "Who are you, sonny? " asked I. "My name is Tad Lincoln," was his answer.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: No need to question this Lincoln conspirator’s guilt - Pamela - 05-25-2016 06:08 PM