No need to question this Lincoln conspirator’s guilt
05-25-2016, 11:55 AM
RE: No need to question this Lincoln conspirator’s guilt
Laurie, are you referring to Kirby as the one who visited the house soon after their return from Surrattsville? Weichmann had this to say, p174: "If that was so, was was not Mr. Kirby placed on the stand? But Mr. Kirby, in court and out of it since July 1865, when the statement was given to the world by me, that it was Booth, has never contradicted the fact as I stated it, nor has he said that it was he, and not Booth that called....It was....very natural for Booth to be anxious to ascertain if his orders had been carried out, and to learn if the road was clear, so that he could,after the commission of his crime,escape in safety to the Potomac. And from whom was he more likely to obtain this information than from the woman whom he had chosen to do his bidding?"

"I desire to thank you, sir, for your testimony on behalf of my murdered father." "Who are you, sonny? " asked I. "My name is Tad Lincoln," was his answer.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: No need to question this Lincoln conspirator’s guilt - Pamela - 05-25-2016 11:55 AM