No need to question this Lincoln conspirator’s guilt
05-25-2016, 08:46 AM
RE: No need to question this Lincoln conspirator’s guilt
(05-25-2016 08:31 AM)Gene C Wrote:  let's be careful how we express ourselves, and the comments we make about others.

Yes, this is what brought an end to the Friends of Lincoln Mailbag back in 2010.

I am still very curious about Mary questioning the old farmer about the pickets on the road to Surrattsville. I think most books I have read say Booth asked Mary to take the field glasses to Lloyd and tell him to ready the weapons hidden at the tavern. But what if Booth were actually less concerned with the field glasses and weapons, and more concerned with whether or not the road he would use that night was guarded by soldiers? Could he have asked Mary to check on "road conditions" during his second boardinghouse visit? I am one of those who feel Weichmann was truthful about a third Booth visit that night. And, perhaps, the real reason for the third visit was to find out if Mary had determined if the road were safe. And, so, on his way to Ford's, Booth gets the news from Mary that the soldiers would be gone by 8. He then proceeds to the theater after hearing this "good" (for him) news.

Is this scenario too far out or is it possible?

(Possibly David Herold, during his April 13th "scouting" mission, had seen the pickets and reported this information to Booth?)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: No need to question this Lincoln conspirator’s guilt - RJNorton - 05-25-2016 08:46 AM