No need to question this Lincoln conspirator’s guilt
05-22-2016, 03:55 PM (This post was last modified: 05-22-2016 04:45 PM by Pamela.)
RE: No need to question this Lincoln conspirator’s guilt
Susan,
You said, "I believe that most of Weichmann's testimony was truthful, but I suspect that after the trial, and especially after the executions, "consumed" with guilt, he needed to justify his actions to himself and may well have adjusted his memory accordingly--quite possibly unconsciously. Memory can perform remarkable gymnastics, particularly under stress.

Precisely what part of his testimony was untruthful (is that the same as lying on the witness stand?) and what was he "consumed" with guilt about? Your logic seems to be, because Weichmann was "consumed with guilt" (no reason given for this conclusion) he "may have "adjusted" his memory in a "remarkable"gymnastic sort of way in order to justify his actions to himself. So you understand Weichmann's thought processes? What were they?

"I desire to thank you, sir, for your testimony on behalf of my murdered father." "Who are you, sonny? " asked I. "My name is Tad Lincoln," was his answer.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: No need to question this Lincoln conspirator’s guilt - Pamela - 05-22-2016 03:55 PM