No need to question this Lincoln conspirator’s guilt
05-08-2016, 12:40 PM
RE: No need to question this Lincoln conspirator’s guilt
(05-08-2016 11:21 AM)L Verge Wrote:  Was Mrs. Surratt ever told about the true (and sudden) plan to murder on April 14?

Laurie, I will give my opinion. For me it comes down to whether or not Booth made a 3rd visit to the boardinghouse on April 14th. This would have been about 9 or 9:15 P.M. (prior to Smoot's visit about 9:30). IMO if Booth indeed stopped by the boardinghouse on his way to Ford's, then I think it's possible he told Mary the "final plan." If it can be shown that Booth did not make a 3rd boardinghouse visit, then I am more likely to believe she may not have known what was about to go down. (Of course it's not impossible that Booth told her his plan earlier in the day.)

Laurie, I know you have expressed doubts (in previous discussions) about Booth making a 3rd boardinghouse visit on April 14th, so I will certainly understand if you disagree with my opinion. I just think that if he did indeed make a 3rd visit, then the likelihood of Mary knowing the plan had changed to assassination is increased.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: No need to question this Lincoln conspirator’s guilt - RJNorton - 05-08-2016 12:40 PM