A case of misinterpretation?
02-14-2016, 08:06 PM (This post was last modified: 02-14-2016 08:53 PM by L Verge.)
RE: A case of misinterpretation?
I agree with Susan, also that errors were made and that pages were not adequately proof-read. This is the first time that I have ever seen anything even faintly proposing that Booth was in Surrattsville prior to midnight on April 14. Also, Emma Offutt, Mr. Lloyd's sister-in-law, was in conversation with Mary Surratt before Lloyd arrived. Certainly, she would have mentioned seeing Booth when she was called on to testify.

Just as a side comment, about twenty-five years ago, I assisted one of our local judges in preparing one of these Inns of Court. My apologies to the jurists on this forum (and assuming that I just got a group of pickles), but the end result was farcical. In the middle of the session, some saw fit to introduce their own skits, comments, "what ifs," etc. At first, I wanted to stand up and yell, "Order in the Court," but resigned myself to sitting back and watching something that my previous 8th grade mock trials would have put to shame. I guess boys will be boys, no matter how much education they have. And yes, there were no females in that court.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
A case of misinterpretation? - loetar44 - 02-14-2016, 05:47 PM
RE: A case of misinterpretation? - L Verge - 02-14-2016 08:06 PM