DNA Is Said to Solve a Mystery of Warren Harding’s Love Life
08-20-2015, 05:21 AM (This post was last modified: 08-20-2015 05:39 AM by loetar44.)
RE: DNA Is Said to Solve a Mystery of Warren Harding’s Love Life
Hello again! Just returned from vacation to South Africa. Found a lot of very interesting posts here! The one which striked me most was the one about Harding. I wonder: why is it so important to know if someone is white or black, catholic or protestant, poor or rich, male or female, especially concerning the presidency? In South Africa I was a caucasian among coloured people and I felt no difference at all. We were all humans, 99.9 per cent identical (in other words a tiny 0.1 per cent difference). Whether you hail from Europe, Africa, Asia, Oceania or the Americas, your genetic make-up is strikingly similar to that of every other person on Earth, not according to me, but according to modern DNA survey. So again: why is race, faith and gender so important if a US president is or has been chosen?

Frederick Douglass, the 19th century black abolitionist, visited president Lincoln three times at the White House. Yet he was never invited in to sleep as a guest. After Lincoln’s second inauguration and an open house to the public, Douglass was turned away at the door because of a standing order that blacks were not allowed to enter for the celebration. BTW: the White House was built by black men and women (most were slaves).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DNA Is Said to Solve a Mystery of Warren Harding’s Love Life - loetar44 - 08-20-2015 05:21 AM