Mudd Descendants visit Fort Jefferson NP
07-30-2015, 03:47 PM
RE: Mudd Descendants visit Fort Jefferson NP
David Taylor,

Bless you my child! A few minutes ago, I was ready to jump through my monitor screen and strangle "someone." Now, I will change my attitude and jump through to kiss you -- electronically. Don't tell Kate.

I was ready to express my opinion on the latest posting, but will spare the audience. I do have an appreciation for my late-mother's declaration in 1950 that she would never go into a courtroom ever again. There was a murder in T.B. at that time. It happened about midnight behind the local bar. She heard a man yelling for help, but thought it was someone inebriated. There was no 911 then, no local police station, and my father was in Korea.

The next morning, she found out what happened from her brother who ran the store in T.B., and he told the investigators. She was called as a witness to establish the time only, but by the time the defense attorney got through with tearing her down, she was in tears. I'm sorry, but I see that same technique being used in the arena of historical research. I'm on the verge of tears also -- but I cry when I'm mad!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mudd Descendants visit Fort Jefferson NP - L Verge - 07-30-2015 03:47 PM