Mudds aim to clear name of doc who treated Lincoln killer
11-03-2015, 07:28 AM
RE: Mudds aim to clear name of doc who treated Lincoln killer
Thanks Laurie and Roger!

Laurie, I looked up Samuel Cox Jr. in Steers' Lincoln Assassination Encyclopedia to see if he had anything. Even with your self described cold befuddled brain, you are correct about a notation in the margins of Cox Jr's personal copy of Thomas Jones book. By the way, I hope you get over your cold soon as I can relate to the feeling. I am home today with the same affliction. I will be sure to add Steers' His Name is Still Mudd to my reading list.

Roger, thanks for the reference to Cox Jr.'s statement to Oldroyd. I have a copy of that book but have not read it through cover to cover. I read the section you referenced and also note that Cox Jr. says that he (at the time of the interview) was the only living person that knew the place where Booth and Herold's horses were shot by Franklin Roby. I know there has been some controversy (as there is with most everything related to the Lincoln Assassination) about whether the horses were shot or not.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mudds aim to clear name of doc who treated Lincoln killer - STS Lincolnite - 11-03-2015 07:28 AM