Mudds aim to clear name of doc who treated Lincoln killer
10-29-2015, 02:53 PM
RE: Mudds aim to clear name of doc who treated Lincoln killer
Hello again L Verge. I'm curious to know where you got the suggestion that Catholics were generally not supposed to attend Mass at other parishes. I come from a Catholic family and this information runs counter to everything I know. The Mass was identical in every parish church throughout the Western world (at least).

Not to get stuck on this minor issue, but main point is that I don't think there was anything outré or suspicious about Mudd going to a different church, provided it was RC.

(07-19-2015 04:08 PM)L Verge Wrote:  Booth comes to Southern Maryland with letters of introduction from Canadian exiles. Those letters direct him to Dr. William Queen and Dr. Samuel Mudd. Dr. Queen gets word to Dr. Mudd to come to a Catholic church outside of his own parish (frowned upon in those days) to meet with Booth - supposedly under the guise of Booth looking to buy land and maybe a horse (the latter of which Dr. Mudd does acquire for him).
*snip*
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mudds aim to clear name of doc who treated Lincoln killer - margotdarby - 10-29-2015 02:53 PM