Now it can be told...demon whiskey was responsible for Lincoln's assassination!
08-23-2012, 08:37 AM
RE: Now it can be told...demon whiskey was responsible for Lincoln's assassination!
Bill,

It's too early now to determine what will and what won't go in, although the assassination itself will definitely be a part of the story. As of now, I'm only in the "H's" in Tarbell's Lincoln-related papers. I've probably got about a month of research (if not longer) before I can really start to outline and determine what will be part of the story. Plus, I've got a book review to finish writing and make a determination as to whether I'm going to seriously revise a paper I submitted to the Indiana Magazine of History on James G. Randall. In addition, I've got to go through Tarbell's non-Lincoln related papers (which will take at least two more months) just to put everything into the proper perspective. After that, I've got to read her Life of Abraham Lincoln and other Lincoln-related books as well as her autobiography, All in the Day's Work. From there I've got to read the various secondary works out there.

Man, just reading over this, I'd better get busy. Smile

Best
Rob

Abraham Lincoln in the only man, dead or alive, with whom I could have spent five years without one hour of boredom.
--Ida M. Tarbell

I want the respect of intelligent men, but I will choose for myself the intelligent.
--Carl Sandburg
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Now it can be told...demon whiskey was responsible for Lincoln's assassination! - Rob Wick - 08-23-2012 08:37 AM