I finally got to meet BettyO at the Seward House
05-31-2015, 07:09 PM (This post was last modified: 05-31-2015 07:11 PM by BettyO.)
RE: I finally got to meet BettyO at the Seward House
Ya'll are much too kind! The talk went great - lots and lots of questions; but the highlight was a young man, ten years old, who is enthralled with the assassination. He asked interesting questions and, according to his grandmother, can't seem to get enough of the assassination and the civil war.....what a delight!

Herb is WONDERFUL and he was, to me, the highlight of the trip!! I so much enjoyed meeting him and his beautiful wife! Nancy agreed wholeheartedly. I wish we could have had more time to stay and visit a bit longer - perhaps sometime later! Next time, I'm going to take it slow -- there WILL be a "next time" in the future. NY is just too pretty and too much fun to miss....

This was basically a "flying trip" up and back! John Kingsley, Director of Education at Seward House, is moving down to DC to finish his Grad work this August and he wants to hook up with myself, Joan and you, Laurie! He wants to visit Surratt House, Ford's, McNair, etc..... I told him to call -

And yes, I had a huge laugh out of Punkin's antics at "making confetti" to welcome me home last night!! She is one smart cat....TOO smart!

"The Past is a foreign country...they do things differently there" - L. P. Hartley
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: I finally got to meet BettyO at the Seward House - BettyO - 05-31-2015 07:09 PM