Why was Booth admitted into the presidential box?
04-30-2015, 02:27 AM
RE: Why was Booth admitted into the presidential box?
(04-29-2015 06:11 PM)RJNorton Wrote:  
(04-29-2015 05:26 PM)Eva Elisabeth Wrote:  What would you read behind her asking Weichmann to pray for her intentions? What do you think was on her mind? Thanks for sharing your opinion!

Eva, I think this was said shortly after JWB's third visit to the Surratt boardinghouse on April 14. Due to the timing of her saying this, IMO it was related to something Booth told her on this third visit. Based on what she told Smoot (who also visited that night shortly after Booth) she knew things were about to happen and quickly. So I think it was related to her knowledge that things were going to happen that night. What she told Lloyd and her asking about the pickets on the road also indicate she knew. Just my opinion.

3 JWB trips to the boarding house? The 1 PM visit is certain as Anna Surratt even verified it. . The second visit just before Smoot is barely likely but a third? Are are we not conflating this with the second?

Please explain.

I am indebted to Laurie Verge with the insight that Mary Surratt's interrogation responses indicated she was cool as a cucumber and she had prepared her responses in advance as if she were a veteran job interviewee.

The only time she let down her guard was when she became agitated at the shocking reappearance of Louis Powell while she was being detained. That Powell would show up in such a dramatic and incriminating way was a contingency she had not prepared for. Who could? If you did not know that story were true,you would swear a writer had invented it.

Tom
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Why was Booth admitted into the presidential box? - Rhatkinson - 04-01-2015, 04:42 PM
RE: Why was Booth admitted into the presidential box? - Rhatkinson - 04-03-2015, 08:33 AM
RE: Why was Booth admitted into the presidential box? - Thomas Thorne - 04-30-2015 02:27 AM