Why was Booth admitted into the presidential box?
04-26-2015, 05:25 PM (This post was last modified: 04-26-2015 05:26 PM by loetar44.)
RE: Why was Booth admitted into the presidential box?
(04-26-2015 04:25 PM)John Fazio Wrote:  If you still doubt that it was Forbes at the door, in spite of the foregoing, then you may as well doubt everything else about the history of the event. There are those, after all, who believe that Stanton or Lafayette Baker or the Vatican masterminded the conspiracy, that Booth wasn't really killed in the barn, that Surratt was a double agent working for Baker, and so on ad nauseam. If you require 100% certainty for your conclusions, you will have very few conclusions.

John

John,

Thank you so much. I really enjoyed our discussion and I have to confess that I’m leaning to your views more and more. Your book is a goldmine of information and surely belongs on every book shelve of any Lincoln addict. I’ve learned a lot, but, sorry, I’m still not 100% convinced. You have not changed my opinion on history, but yours is very interesting. Our conversation made me aware of additional aspects, which I appreciate very much. Thank you for a great “course”. Your remark "If you require 100% certainty for your conclusions, you will have very few conclusions", is a great one to keep in mind always!

Kees
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Why was Booth admitted into the presidential box? - Rhatkinson - 04-01-2015, 04:42 PM
RE: Why was Booth admitted into the presidential box? - Rhatkinson - 04-03-2015, 08:33 AM
RE: Why was Booth admitted into the presidential box? - loetar44 - 04-26-2015 05:25 PM