Why was Booth admitted into the presidential box?
04-25-2015, 07:13 PM
RE: Why was Booth admitted into the presidential box?
When (and if) I finish the book, John, I will be giving my impressions. I do not wish to review it (which my comments on your treatment of Booth and Surratt should not be construed as) until I see the whole picture.

You had to know, however, that I would object to a one-sided portrayal of the conspirators. While I certainly do not condone the Lincoln assassination, I think I understand why the tumultuous 1850s and 1860s made good men do bad things. I get the impression from those chapters that you see them as evil to the core -- not just dedicated to a political/social cause as I see them and millions of others who fought in the Civil War.

As part of your research, did you ever contact Mike Kauffman to see what his proof is for conclusions on Parker and Forbes?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Why was Booth admitted into the presidential box? - Rhatkinson - 04-01-2015, 04:42 PM
RE: Why was Booth admitted into the presidential box? - Rhatkinson - 04-03-2015, 08:33 AM
RE: Why was Booth admitted into the presidential box? - L Verge - 04-25-2015 07:13 PM