Why was Booth admitted into the presidential box?
04-16-2015, 01:38 PM
RE: Why was Booth admitted into the presidential box?
Well, yes, at this point we can make the assumption that there were more people involved.
We can also perhaps assume that there were cover-ups, as has been implied with the case of Lucy Hale. We are looking back 150 years now, and detective work was primitive. I don't think the concept of fingerprinting had yet been discovered, and there were no phone records, no video cameras. I am still aghast at the way the doctoring was done on poor Mr. Lincoln.
I am going to have to revisit Kauffman's work.
Anyone out there have any ideas about who some of the other potential conspirators might be? We need to keep in mind that this was not the conspiracy to kidnap Lincoln, but the actual murder plot that must have morphed from Booth's anger and hatred. His rancor grew murderous after Lincoln's April 11th speech. He had only a few days after that to set the wheels in motion, however.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Why was Booth admitted into the presidential box? - Rhatkinson - 04-01-2015, 04:42 PM
RE: Why was Booth admitted into the presidential box? - Rhatkinson - 04-03-2015, 08:33 AM
RE: Why was Booth admitted into the presidential box? - historybuff - 04-16-2015 01:38 PM