Were Lincoln and Ward Hill Lamon law "partners?"
06-02-2013, 10:13 PM
RE: Were Lincoln and Ward Hill Lamon law "partners?"
I came across the web site several years ago that contained this sentence:

"The outstanding characteristic of the Davis family seems to be that its members were as short lived as they were unprolific."

I thought then as I do now that it was a mean thing to say. There are no living descendents of Abraham Lincoln, couldn't the same thing be said of him? For me, that site is misleading and evasive. I don't know of anyone claiming to be a descendant of Jefferson Davis. Samuel Davis was the father of Jefferson Davis and he doesn't fit the description of unprolific.

Samuel Emory Davis had twelve children. Ten by his wife Jane--five boys and five girls. I once tried to count his grandchildren. I gave up at fifty. One of his granddaughters had twelve children and another had thirteen. There are hundreds of descendants of Samuel Davis living today. Unfortunately, none of them carry the Davis name. The Davis girls took their husbands name and the family line of the Davis boys at some point failed to have a son.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Were Lincoln and Ward Hill Lamon law "partners?" - Troy Cowan - 06-02-2013 10:13 PM