His name was Notley Anderson - not Nodley
12-18-2014, 04:28 PM
RE: His name was Notley Anderson - not Nodley
Two or three years ago, I had the pleasure of working with Donohoe descendants as they planned a family reunion, which included a special Booth escape route tour. Very nice people and very interested in the history -- also owners of one of the largest construction companies in D.C. and a second home on the banks of the Potomac River, not far from where Booth and Herold set out.

I had previously met another Donohoe male who supposedly had inherited some of the family papers. Unfortunately, a colleague of mine made an improper comment in his presence, and we lost all contact with him about thirty years ago. Loose lips do sink ships!

The Brooke family ties into the Kirbys in some manner because one of the early supporters for the restoration of Surratt House were Mr. and Mrs. Brooke Kirby, and it was their daughter who ultimately donated Mrs. Surratt's desk, a beautiful little cordial set (that I think Herr Beckert dared to touch while on tour), and a Sheffield candlestick that supposedly came through Mrs. Surratt's granddaughter, Clara Tonry.

I have to admit to having a hard time with genealogy. I can't figure out my own family half the time! You would be amazed at how many communiques I get that simply state, "Tell me how I'm related to Mary Surratt."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: His name was Notley Anderson - not Nodley - L Verge - 12-18-2014 04:28 PM