More on Stringfellow, and his exit from Washington.
12-01-2014, 11:31 PM (This post was last modified: 12-01-2014 11:34 PM by SSlater.)
RE: More on Stringfellow, and his exit from Washington.
I have been concerned about Stringfellow's cross-dressing, so I have to tell you, he did get married (to a girl), Emma Green and they had 3 girls -Ida, Alice and Jane, and one son Martin.
Now get ready for this, Martin had a son JOHN STANTON STRINGFELLOW. How bout dat? I'll tell you, I am honored.
Also of interest, Frank attended the Episcopal Seminary in Alexandria, Va and was ordained 1876, and spent the remainder of his life Preaching.
He died June 8, 1913. Burial Ivy Hill Cemetery (On Rt 7, west of Alexandria)In conclusion, I see that his disguises were all business. I'm sure they figured in his many escapes. PS. In a passport application, at 66, he was 5' - 8 1/2' tall, Blue eyes, gray hair,. etc.

(12-01-2014 11:31 PM)SSlater Wrote:  I have been concerned about Stringfellow's cross-dressing, so I have to tell you, he did get married (to a girl), Emma Green and they had 3 girls -Ida, Alice and Jane, and one son Martin.
Now get ready for this, Martin had a son JOHN STANTON STRINGFELLOW. How bout dat? I'll tell you, I am honored.
Also of interest, Frank attended the Episcopal Seminary in Alexandria, Va and was ordained 1876, and spent the remainder of his life Preaching.
He died June 8, 1913. Burial Ivy Hill Cemetery (On Rt 7, west of Alexandria)In conclusion, I see that his disguises were all business. I'm sure they figured in his many escapes. PS. In a passport application, at 66, he was 5' - 8 1/2' tall, Blue eyes, gray hair,. etc.

It just dawned on me - how can I be critical of him for dressing as a lady - while I dance around here with the Name SSlater.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: More on Stringfellow, and his exit from Washington. - SSlater - 12-01-2014 11:31 PM