Thread Closed 
Killing Lincoln: The Real Story
12-10-2014, 02:40 PM
RE: Killing Lincoln: The Real Story
Mr. Hager - my apologies, but your "historical analyses" do not seem to reflect the standards that I am used to in dealing with both professional and highly qualified amateur historians (and I have dealt with quite a few of them over the past forty years as director of Surratt House Museum and having helped to establish the excellent James O. Hall Research Center at the site). The thought that you can make a fair judgment on all the many, diverse elements of the Lincoln assassination story in ten months just puts you in the same category as I place Mr. O'Reilly (no further explanation).

QUOTE: Yes, it was just a hung jury for John Surratt, but since his mother swung from the gallows and was just the inn keeper, while her son was the confessed Confederate spy who admitted to a kidnap plot, but not an assassination, I qualify that as "winning." UNQUOTE.

I would ask if you would like to start a debate on Mary Surratt as "just the inn keeper," but... I hope you have the opportunity to study her and the government's case against her in more detail.
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
Killing Lincoln: The Real Story - RJNorton - 11-13-2014, 10:18 AM
RE: Killing Lincoln: The Real Story - Hess1865 - 12-05-2014, 11:27 PM
RE: Killing Lincoln: The Real Story - L Verge - 12-10-2014 02:40 PM