"Booth" Was Not John Wilkes Real Last Name?
05-01-2017, 12:31 PM
RE: "Booth" Was Not John Wilkes Real Last Name?
(05-01-2017 12:20 PM)L Verge Wrote:  
(05-01-2017 08:25 AM)Eva Elisabeth Wrote:  Neat gadget. I'd be prone however to forget the "password" (= procedere, not that had much to lock into...). I once forgot how to get the reverse gear of my car working (you have to pull a ring for moving the gearstick into reverse gear) and couldn't leave the garage...(I don't use it that often).

If I remember correctly from "Last Confederate Heroes", the Booths came from Portugal to England, I don't remember when and if the original name was "Booth" or whether a similar name was adapted to English. Also the rose on the lock (and the wealth making such exclusive design possible and "necessary") would make me think of either a Tudor or a York descendant.

Steve of this forum has been working diligently to trace the Booth roots - especially the reference to the line coming from Spain via Portugal via England. So far, no luck. (See previous postings above.)
Sorry Steve and Laurie - studies and multiple weekly tests keep me so busy I often had to cut down attentive reading.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Booth" Was Not John Wilkes Real Last Name? - Eva Elisabeth - 05-01-2017 12:31 PM