"Booth" Was Not John Wilkes Real Last Name?
05-01-2017, 12:20 PM
RE: "Booth" Was Not John Wilkes Real Last Name?
(05-01-2017 08:25 AM)Eva Elisabeth Wrote:  Neat gadget. I'd be prone however to forget the "password" (= procedere, not that had much to lock into...). I once forgot how to get the reverse gear of my car working (you have to pull a ring for moving the gearstick into reverse gear) and couldn't leave the garage...(I don't use it that often).

If I remember correctly from "Last Confederate Heroes", the Booths came from Portugal to England, I don't remember when and if the original name was "Booth" or whether a similar name was adapted to English. Also the rose on the lock (and the wealth making such exclusive design possible and "necessary") would make me think of either a Tudor or a York descendant.

Steve of this forum has been working diligently to trace the Booth roots - especially the reference to the line coming from Spain via Portugal via England. So far, no luck. (See previous postings above.) The files of James O. Hall show no such lineage, and the professional researcher that Mr. Hall hired in London back in the 1980s and 90s could find no link to Spain or Portugal either.

So far, the only "citation" to such a lineage appears to have come from Izola Forrester's One Mad Act, where she repeats what her mother and grandmother supposedly told her. Since it is highly unlikely that those ladies were the spawn of JWB, we'll keep looking...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Booth" Was Not John Wilkes Real Last Name? - L Verge - 05-01-2017 12:20 PM