Booth's diary and missing pages
07-20-2014, 08:49 PM
RE: Booth's diary and missing pages
I know there are people who believe those famous missing pages hold the secrets of a greater conspiracy. And there are people who aren't certain what secrets the pages hold, but are sure it's something juicy. And there are people who aren't sure, but kind of want the pages to hold fascinating secrets. I understand that and I guess I can live with it. Personally, I've never believed it for one minute. There are so many simple, plausible explanations as to what was written on those pages. If Booth had been more organized with the "diary", I might be a little more inclined to believe the hype. But he wasn't. That book was kind of a mess...from the previous year, dates scratched out and new ones written in, and etc. I find it very very difficult to believe that someone who was so unorganized with that book didn't tear a page out from time to time for some random purpose. If someone were to come up with hard evidence that the diary was used for something other than day to day nick knacks, then I'd be fascinated by it. I don't believe that will ever happen, because I believe the missing pages mean nothing.

"The interment of John Booth was without trickery or stealth, but no barriers of evidence, no limits of reason ever halted the Great American Myth." - George S. Bryan, The Great American Myth
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Booth's diary and missing pages - richard - 07-17-2014, 10:34 PM
RE: Booth's diary and missing pages - jonathan - 07-20-2014 08:49 PM