Booth's diary and missing pages
07-18-2014, 09:19 PM
RE: Booth's diary and missing pages
(07-18-2014 09:45 AM)L Verge Wrote:  That's my question also - what is the process? And, are you aware that the FBI examined that entire diary soemtime in the 1980s or early-90s? There used to be a website devoted to it.

P.S. I run the Surratt House Museum, and I would not release anything to private citizens to "test" unless ordered to do so and with specific plans fully outlined in advance. What other such artifacts have you worked on? Preservation of history is foremost in importance.
Take it from me, Laurie means what she says. The Surratt Museum will not release ANYTHING, to a private citizen for a project. A few years ago I wanted to borrow their copy of the "Saint Lawrence Register" and have it put on a disc. The Register is no longer available from Montreal. I made all sorts of promises - they could approve the professional Copier - They would have exclusive ownership - they would not incur any costs, etc. etc. etc.
On top of that - their Reader was out of commission.
I still don't have a copy of the Register.
I don't fault the Society. What if a problem developed that was no ones fault. Then their copy is destroyed. At least they have a copy that may be readable someday. Has anyone any information of a change in Policy in Montreal? While we are on the topic, Where can I get a copy of BGen E.G. Lee's Diary??
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Booth's diary and missing pages - richard - 07-17-2014, 10:34 PM
RE: Booth's diary and missing pages - SSlater - 07-18-2014 09:19 PM