Present at the Assassination - Michigan's Boy Surgeon?
07-12-2014, 11:05 AM
RE: Present at the Assassination - Michigan's Boy Surgeon?
(07-12-2014 09:48 AM)BettyO Wrote:  Welcome!

I'm so very glad that you joined....

This is a wonderful, education and fun forum and we have a lot of very interesting discussions here. I found the article re: your great-great grandfather online and posted it here originally. It is a very interesting story - thanks for joining us!

Greetings Betty,

Good morning!

What a wonderful tribute this symposium offers to like minded souls. I trust any thoughts I'd like to share, or reply, to other members will be viewed and understood for the content of the character,... and not by my spelling, (is there a 'spell check' feature on this site?) or incorrect use of grammar. I don't mean to bloviate, but please take into account I'm the son, of the son, of the son, of the son of a doctor... and we all know how they spell. However, even though their scribbles on a note pad may be difficult to read and understood at first -- the prescription still gets filled. "Cheers!"

"When we started out in '61, they liked to call me the Boy Surgeon," Van der Veen later wrote. "Nowadays, the ones left just call me 'Doc.'"
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Present at the Assassination - Michigan's Boy Surgeon? - HeWasThere - 07-12-2014 11:05 AM