Can You Spot the Historical Inaccuracies?
07-05-2014, 10:39 AM
RE: Can You Spot the Historical Inaccuracies?
At the time of the filming, I had a friend living in Savannah. He responded to a call for extras for the film and was chosen. In fact, Jim was selected to be the hangman for Marry Surratt. He is the bearded man in the white shirt and pants and tan jacket with the white hat. He commented about how pleasant and cooperative Robin Wright was during all the rehearsals and actual takes. He was always asking her if he was tying the restraints too tight, as they rehearsed. She always politely responded no. He also commented similarly about Robert Redford as he directed and during down moments. Fortunately, I have an autographed picture of Jim in costume and he shared a few other personal photos with me that were taken during the filming. It was certainly a once in a lifetime experience for him that I’m sure he will never forget.

At one point in time, the extras had a website of photos and experiences, but I don’t know if that website is still in existence and I have no idea what the url might be.

Robert
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can You Spot the Historical Inaccuracies? - RobertLC - 07-05-2014 10:39 AM