Abraham Lincoln and the Eighth Judicial Circuit
06-15-2014, 06:33 PM
RE: Abraham Lincoln and the Eighth Judicial Circuit
I am trying to get my Abraham Lincoln map finished and wanted detail on the Eighth Judicial Curcuit. I wanted to make sure I have the route correctly shown on my map. I didn’t want to rely on any previous map, most of which are lacking in detail. t asked Dr. Wayne Temple for advice and he recommended
Lincoln's Ladder to the Presidency: The Eighth Judicial Circuit
by Guy C. Fraker
I have not finished the book yet but I find it excellent and full of fascinating detail. I recommend it highly.
I made a mistake and ordered the Kindle version. I don’t recommend a Kindle version if you want to use it for reference or refer to the index. It can be done, but nothing beats grabbing the book and flipping to the back for a page reference. Kindle books are OK for novels and thrillers.
Many times one hears “What book would you recommend that I read about Abraham Lincoln?” I frequently say “Pick up any book on Lincoln and start there.” Each and every book on Lincoln leads to others. I find every stage of his life so interesting and multi-layered. Once you dive in you just keep swimming. This book is a perfect example. How did Lincoln become President? The introduction to this book is very insightful. Lincoln’s work on the Circuit made him President. Lincoln’s Ladder To The Presidency is available on Amazon.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Abraham Lincoln and the Eighth Judicial Circuit - Kieran McAuliffe - 06-15-2014 06:33 PM