Lincoln's 1865 Autopsy Report and Death Certificate
02-07-2016, 11:51 AM
RE: Lincoln's 1865 Autopsy Report and Death Certificate
(02-07-2016 11:34 AM)Eva Elisabeth Wrote:  Re.:"If that is true that Noyes talked to Mary, it would make me consider there was something to the narrative of 'Lincoln having shaken many hands in congratulation' on April 14. too."

We've often to obviously no avail tried to show to you that a much later given account might be a result of false/expanded memory or embellishment. I would rely on the Fehrenbachers' assessment rating it "a quotation about whose authenticity there is more than average doubt". (If you, maharba, rely on Miner telling the truth you should subsequently also rely the Savior quote to be true and reconsider your "Lincoln-was-an-atheist" opinion.)

In W.E. Reck's "Last 24 Hours", a meticulously compiled timeline of Lincoln's last 24 hours, including sources, I cannot see any indication for Miner's words to be accurate.

Sadly you have revealed to us you are not willing to read or believe books/scholars, nor anything opposing your clippings, which makes serious discussions with you difficult (and tiresome), especially as it's usually the apocryphal tales you come up with.

Maharba, Eva is absolutely correct. I would also add the many people saw Lincoln on April 14, 1865, and I cannot recall a single account (other than Miner's many years later) that Lincoln complained of tired arms and hands. Most accounts I've read indicate Lincoln was feeling good and actually (purposely) sought out hands to shake that day. Several examples of this behavior are in W. Emerson Reck's A. Lincoln His Last 24 Hours. Eva also mentioned Reck's book - I would recommend this book to you, Maharba.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lincoln's 1865 Autopsy Report and Death Certificate - RJNorton - 02-07-2016 11:51 AM