Lincoln's 1865 Autopsy Report and Death Certificate
02-07-2016, 11:34 AM (This post was last modified: 02-07-2016 11:44 AM by Eva Elisabeth.)
RE: Lincoln's 1865 Autopsy Report and Death Certificate
Re.:"If that is true that Noyes talked to Mary, it would make me consider there was something to the narrative of 'Lincoln having shaken many hands in congratulation' on April 14. too."

We've often to obviously no avail tried to show to you that a much later given account might be a result of false/expanded memory or embellishment. I would rely on the Fehrenbachers' assessment rating it "a quotation about whose authenticity there is more than average doubt". (If you, maharba, rely on Miner telling the truth you should subsequently also rely the Savior quote to be true and reconsider your "Lincoln-was-an-atheist" opinion.)

In W.E. Reck's "Last 24 Hours", a meticulously compiled timeline of Lincoln's last 24 hours, including sources, I cannot see any indication for Miner's words to be accurate.

Sadly you have revealed to us you are not willing to read or believe books/scholars, nor anything opposing your clippings, which makes serious discussions with you difficult (and tiresome), especially as it's usually the apocryphal tales you come up with and insist in being the one and only truth.

However, in this case, as Roger and I have said before, this wouldn't have made any difference in the assassination as (I repeat my words) he was cowardly* shot from the back while, unarmed, unaware, enjoying and focussing on a play in front of him, sitting.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lincoln's 1865 Autopsy Report and Death Certificate - Eva Elisabeth - 02-07-2016 11:34 AM