Lincoln's 1865 Autopsy Report and Death Certificate
02-07-2016, 07:56 AM
RE: Lincoln's 1865 Autopsy Report and Death Certificate
Well that is interesting indeed. In this case, the mystery preacher actually did know Lincoln and talk to Mary Todd Lincoln, and a lengthy writ of Rev Noyes Miner personal reminisces does exist. Thanks for the additional information. If that is true that Noyes talked to Mary, it would make me consider there was something to the narrative of 'Lincoln having shaken many hands in congratulation' on April 14. too.
As you say, in the 1860 plaster casting of Lincoln's hands, that 'effect' was visible and palpable. But not on April 14th? I could recognise in some of the pastor Miner's narrative what I perceived as religious burnishes. The earliest scrap I have of Miner with his narrative is 1872 in the Quincy Illinois Whig?

An amusing topic that the Reverend (and others I've seen) wanted to deal with is the sinful notion of a Christian man ''going to the theater". Apparently Rev Noyes Miner had had several Christians tell him how shocked and dismayed they were that Lincoln would actually go into theatres. Probably, in the Symposium, this topic has been discussed before? When I make a 'search' into the Symposium, it only allows me to search for ONE word, and not a string of words.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lincoln's 1865 Autopsy Report and Death Certificate - maharba - 02-07-2016 07:56 AM