Lincoln's 1865 Autopsy Report and Death Certificate
02-06-2016, 06:17 AM
RE: Lincoln's 1865 Autopsy Report and Death Certificate
Maharba, generally speaking, the age of a computer should not cause all the links we post not to work on your computer. One thing to try is to download and install another browser. I assume you are using Internet Explorer. Please try downloading Firefox and/or Chrome, and then see if the links work. It's easy to find these other browsers by doing an internet search through Google, Yahoo, etc., so I won't post the links - you can find them yourself most easily.

How do you access the internet? Through a dial-up connection? If you are still using a dial-up connection this would cause many links to load so slowly that you just give up thinking the link does not work. Personally I kept a dial-up connection WAY too long despite my daughter's constant urging to upgrade. I wanted to save the money. Finally, many years ago, I gave in and had high speed internet access installed. All I can say is that is it well worth the cost. So, PLEASE get high speed and quit the dial-up, if that is what you have.

It's possible links don't work on your computer because it's become corrupted with a virus. A free program that can scan your entire system for viruses, malware, etc. is Malwarebytes. You can find the free version of this excellent malware-removal tool by doing a Google search. This program is very good at removing computer viruses, malware, etc.

Lastly, the operating system you are using could cause links not to work properly. This could happen if you are using an OS that is older than Windows XP. Examples would be: Windows 95, 98, or ME. I can tell you from my own experimentation that some websites nowadays won't work properly with those older operating systems. If this applies to you, please go out and purchase a newer OS such as Windows 7. Or better yet - buy a new computer with a modern OS already installed.

Eva's reply above is outstanding. Please read it carefully as it is a terrific reply to your question.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lincoln's 1865 Autopsy Report and Death Certificate - RJNorton - 02-06-2016 06:17 AM