JWB and Company and Atrocities Against Southern Citizens
05-10-2014, 04:08 PM
RE: JWB and Company and Atrocities Against Southern Citizens
I don't believe there has ever been a gentleman's war -- even the so-called "duel" involving only two people is fought with murder in mind to settle what is very likely a meaningless disagreement to everyone except the two antagonists.

That said, I am the product of a veteran of both World War II and Korea and the friend of quite a few vets from Vietnam (my generation's war). Most of the latter vets are gentlemen, loving fathers and husbands, church-goers, etc. I have never pressed them for their war stories, but have heard quite a few. War is a "time that tries men's souls" -- to paraphrase Thomas Paine -- and I don't think any of us can sit in judgment about what others do to others in wartime. And, we all know that it will never end.

Give me the strength of the long-haired Samson, a full arsenal, and send me into the drug lords' camps south of our border -- and watch me take revenge for just the few children and friends that those scum of the earth have harmed and killed with a slow and painful death...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: JWB and Company and Atrocities Against Southern Citizens - L Verge - 05-10-2014 04:08 PM